Austin City Limits is:
- The longest running program in television history.
- The only television show awarded the Presidential Medal of Arts.
- Recognized by Time magazine as one of the 10 most influential music programs of all time.
- Enshrined in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum as a Rock & Roll Landmark.
- Represented exclusively through Global ImageWorks via its association with Direct Holdings Americas Inc. and available for licensing.
No one knew Austin City Limits would be any of those things back on October 14, 1974 when KLRU (then KLRN) shot the pilot starring Willie Nelson, who was not yet the iconographic American music figure he is today.
Spanning from 1974 to last week, the Austin City Limits catalogue contains over 500 hours of performance and interview footage and represents a huge variety of musical styles and genres, hosting everyone from Bob Wills' Original Texas Playboys to B.B. King to the Foo Fighters.
Click here for a complete list of Austin City Limits performers or search our on-line database to find a specific performance.
Austin City Limits Celebrates 40 Years
Austin City Limits celebrates 40 years 6/26
Now in its 40th season, the trailblazing music series Austin City Limits has always been two steps ahead of the times.
From its 1974 Texas country music roots to its current down home Americana vibe, Austin City Limits continues to showcase stellar musical acts
For footage licensing information contact:
Austin City Limits News:
Los Lobos electrfies 40th season opener
Los Lobos perfectly kicks off 40th anniversary season
Beck's Exciting, Dynamic Performance
ACL welcomed back Beck to the stage for a wide range of classics.