By using this site, you understand and agree to the terms of this policy. This site is owned by GIW and may be accessed in the United States and abroad. For data protection purposes, GIW is the controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of data. Information collected may be retained, and may be stored, processed, accessed, and used in jurisdictions whose privacy laws may be different and less protective than those of your home jurisdiction.
Collection of Your Personal Information
In order to fulfill licensing transactions or provide service to you as a customer of GIW, GIW may require you to provide certain information to us. Common items may include, but are not limited to, your name, address, email address, phone number and credit card informatopm/ GIW may also collect certain kinds of information, such as the website that referred you to us, your IP address, browser type and language, and access times. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the site.
We may combine your visit and navigational information with personal information that you provide. You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain products and services may not be available to you. Personal information (e.g., your username and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, and phone number) is collected when you register. Additional personal information (e.g., your credit card number and billing address) is collected to process transactions or to provide you with products and services.
Limited demographic information, such as industry you work in, is sometimes collected and may be linked to your personal information.
Use of Your Personal Information
GIW collects and uses your personal information to operate and improve our sites, to process your transactions, to provide customer service, to perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, and to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations. We may also send you surveys or marketing emails to inform you of new products or services or other information that may be of interest. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you may adjust your "Personal Information Preferences" as described below or follow the "unsubscribe" instructions included within each email communication.
Personal information collected by GIW may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which GIW or its affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors or agents maintain facilities, and by using our sites or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. GIW abides by the safe harbor frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union and Switzerland. If you would like to exercise any of your data protection rights (including the right to have your personal information deleted), please contact us using the "Contact Information" below.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information within our corporate group, including with our subsidiaries and divisions, all of whom may use your information for the purposes disclosed herein.
We may share your personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in direct marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or protect the rights, property or safety of our company, employees, customers, or the public.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access your information in the "My Account" section of the website. Your Account Executive can also assist you in making any changes, as well as in exercising your right to have your personal information deleted. If you need additional assistance, please contact us at email@example.com . You can expect a response from us within 10 calendar days. Please be advised that you cannot change your username without re-registering.
Personal Information Preferences
GIW respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, please let us know by: (1) checking or unchecking the appropriate box on your online registration form or the "My Profile" page of the website; (2) contacting your Account Executive; or (3) sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose not to receive marketing emails, please be advised that you may continue to receive transactional or account emails (e.g., purchase confirmations and account balance statements).
GIW uses "cookies" to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, and your navigational and purchase history.
Cookies offer you many conveniences:
- They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, access Lightboxes and shopping carts and view their previous invoices.
- Cookies save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
- Cookies allow us to deliver personalized content to you, including search results and targeted advertising.
- Cookies help to protect your security by checking your login details and may help prevent fraud.
- Cookies remember your preferences when using the site.
- Cookies also identify particular customers in the event such customer would like assistance from a live, online customer service representative.
We strive to make this site user-friendly and relevant. Our goal is to deliver more personalized products and services to you.
- Measure and analyze aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor's internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
- Remember our users' previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
- Record users' behavior on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
- Evaluate user traffic and behavior on the site to compile activity reports for our internal use only.
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
- Identify users arriving at the site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies, including single-pixel gifs (also known as web beacons) on our websites and in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters. These tiny electronic images assist us in determining how many us